ONLINE MICRO-COURSE: Introduction to Impact Investing for Women’s Empowerment
Length: 2 Weeks
This course is not yet open for registration. Register to be notified when this course is available.
With a market size of $502 billion as of end 2018, impact investing is quickly becoming one of today’s fastest growing markets. Due to contracting government and aid budgets and overstressed NGO sectors, impact investing is positioned for continued exponential growth. The growth of this market signals a growing conscience from businesses, consumers, and investors that result in including social and environmental impact as a key factor in equating the value of an investment.
One of the sectors most greatly impacted by the developing conscience in today’s market is women. From the US to the Netherlands and from Brazil to Indonesia, impact investing has revealed a social necessity, business case and $320 billion credit gap for investing in women, resulting in enhanced women’s empowerment and gender equality. In addition to providing foundational knowledge regarding the current impact investing landscape, this course will also introduce participants to the global opportunities to invest in women. As dozens of large-scale government actors and development finance agencies launch billion-dollar campaigns for investing in women, be sure to take this course to understand the topic of our time.
Micro-course participants can expect 3-5 hours per week of curriculum to be accessed online at a time and location most convenient for their busy schedule. Pace yourself as you would like and begin your impact investing journey with this new online course.
What You’ll Learn
- A general overview of the impact investing landscape
- Key actors and trends in the current impact investing space
- Honest practitioner insights about he sector’s main opportunities and challenges
- Current opportunities in the impact investing space related to women’s empowerment and gender equality (SDG 5 and SDG 11)
Who Should Apply
- Investors/ Financial Professionals, Foundations & Non-Profits, and Corporate Professionals curious to gain introductory knowledge about the current impact investing space and their role within it
- Impact Entrepreneurs wanting to best navigate the impact investment space effectively and gain the know-how to scale your business
- Students and General Professionals interested in learning the fundamentals of impact investing from a leading practitioner
- Gender Specialists eager to explore how private sector investment can catalyze their impact in gender equality and women’s empowerment