Measuring Impact for Sustainability
- Dates: September 27th to November 8th
- Length: 6 weeks
- Self-Guided Online Courses
- Live Virtual Sessions
- Add-on Workshop
- Digital Credential
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Despite breakthroughs in innovation, our generation is faced with serious challenges when it comes to addressing the reality of climate change, reducing economic and gender inequality, and tackling poverty around the world. In finance, the transition to sustainable investments is not yet happening at the pace and scale needed to meet the SDGs.
Yet these challenges can be met only if we can measure the effectiveness of our response.
In this Masterclass, learn how to measure impact and sustainability from our CEO, Professor Durreen Shahnaz along with guest speakers who are industry pioneers. By the end of the course, you’ll gain:
- A global understanding of the impact measurement ecosystem
- Knowledge of how to refine your impact measurement strategy to improve your investment portfolio
- Mastery of IIX’s widely-accepted impact assessment approach, valued by investors, donors, and enterprises
Kick-starting September 27th, this 6-week virtual masterclass from the IIX Institute will address these questions through academic research and perspectives of practitioners in the field. The masterclass is designed to be bite-sized and digestible for working professionals through various self-guided on-demand course videos, an add-on workshop, and live sessions with guest speakers.
This Masterclass consists of three modules along with an add-on workshop. Immerse in sustainability with self-guided, on-demand courses. Attend live webinars and Q&A sessions with your cohort, the course instructor and guest speakers.
At the end of this Masterclass, you will gain deep insights into the best practices and current perspectives of the impact measurement and ESG process and identify key success factors that can enable effective change. Upon completing the masterclass and passing the certificate exam, participants will receive a digital credential from the IIX Institute.
Participants will be evaluated with a certificate exam based on course material presented throughout the virtual masterclass. Participants scoring an overall passing grade will earn a digital credential from the IIX Institute, which can be used as evidence of your knowledge and experience gained.
How do I make a payment?
Payments can be made online at the IIX Institute. If you would prefer to pay online via PayPal, please contact email@example.com. All payments must be received in full prior to access the course.
I am unable to make the full payment upfront. Can I pay by installments?
Should you have difficulties making the full payment upfront, please contact the program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
What is the course structure?
The full Masterclass consists of three components:
- Online courses: Participants will have access to self-guided, on-demand courses about measuring impact. We highly encourage participants to go through this material in their own time prior to the live sessions.
- Live sessions: Immerse into course concepts during these live webinars. Participants will be able to interact with the course instructor and guest speakers throughout the session.
- Certificate exams: After the last virtual session, participants will have 18 days to complete the certificate exam. This certificate exam consists of a series of multiple choice questions. Upon completing the Masterclass and certificate exam, participants will receive a digital credential in Measuring Impact for Sustainability from the IIX Institute.
I only want access to the online courses and the workshop. Can I purchase this separately?
No, if you want access to the workshop, we recommend you to purchase the full Masterclass access package.
What is the cancellation policy?
Payment is non-refundable. Where unavoidable, we reserve the right to change the speakers. If we cancel the course, we will notify you of the changes and endeavor to reschedule the course or we will refund the course fees in full (minus any bank transfer fees). We will not refund any other costs you incur as a result of the cancellation.
What to expect
Through this course, you will gain insights on the significance of impact measurement and gender-focused impact investing as a vehicle for advancing sustainability. You will recognize how stakeholders, outcomes and SROI can create impact. You will learn how to apply IIX’s proprietary impact assessment methodology to suit your needs.
Week 1: Fundamentals of Impact
- Learn about impact and understand the importance of measuring impact
- Identify the SDG funding gap and the role of gender-lends impact investing in achieving the SDGs
- Gain industry insights about best practices and new perspectives in impact measurement – including ESG practices
Week 2: Key Elements of Impact Measurement Process
- Dive deeper into understanding how an organization creates impact by exploring its outcomes, stakeholders, and SROI
- Discuss critical success factors that create change within an organization
- Learn about impact can be scaled throughout the investment process
Week 3: Measuring Impact: the IIX Approach
- Examine the impact assessment in practice
- Understand how to measure impact using IIX’s proprietary assessment methodology
Week 4: Add-on Workshop
More details about our add-on workshop coming soon
CEO and Founder, Impact Investment Exchange (IIX)
Durreen Shahnaz is a global leader of social impact and impact investing. Born in Bangladesh, Durreen has built an international track record as a social entrepreneur, banker, media executive and academic at institutions, including Morgan Stanley (New York), Grameen Bank (Bangladesh), Hearst Magazines International (New York) and the National University of Singapore.
She is the recipient of 2017 Oslo Business for Peace Award, often referred to as the ‘Nobel Prize for Business’, amongst numerous other awards.
More on our guest speakers coming soon
Drop us a note to find out more about our Courses and we’ll get back to you within the next 48 Hours