Investment Readiness and Impact Assessment
The first-of-its-kind online Investment Readiness and Impact Assessment Course is open to innovative enterprises from anywhere in the world. As a global impact market builder, IIX is democratizing access to world-class business management education with a gender lens to help spur the development of high-impact enterprises that are innovating solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Your journey to scalability begins with access to human capital – the mastery of business acumen and technical skills for building financial models, business strategies and impact measurement. The lessons will draw from IIX’s decade of global experience as a pioneering practitioner and thought-leader of impact investing to provide you with a unique perspective of the current landscape of this rapidly-growing field.
Access IIX Values Today
Our digital Impact Assessment platform is now live! IIX Values is a data-driven, technology-based platform for any business to better identify, measure, and analyze their impact.
In order to get free access to the Investment Readiness and Impact Assessment course, you must:
By completing the Investment Readiness and Impact Assessment Course, you will:
- Deepen your business knowledge on impact investing with a gender lens, capital raise, and impact-driven business management
- Be equipped with powerful toolkits such as the Digital Impact Assessment Report that will drive effective fundraising
- Course completion qualifies you to apply for the Future 500 Fellowship Program – an immersive leadership development program that offers access to capital, mentorship, technical assistance, and corporate partnerships
- Gain fresh perspectives on entrepreneurship and be empowered as an organizational leader and solution-builder
Share This Course
As the Investment Readiness and Impact Assessment aims to enhance professional development, you may consider employer sponsorship of your participation. Or if you are an employer yourself, you may want to initiate a company-wide engagement with us and have your colleagues benefit from our program offering.
So why not tell them about it?
Investment Readiness and Impact Assessment Course (3.5 hours online)
Your learning journey begins with:
- Impact Assessment with a Gender Lens
- The Fundamentals of Raising Capital
- Preparing a Business Plan and Financial Model
Upon completion of the modules and assignments in this course, you will be eligible to apply for the Future 500 Fellowship where you have the chance to access capital raising support, technical assistance, mentorship and corporate partnerships.
- Learn about the landscape of impact investing
- Explore the important role of gender transformative businesses in women’s empowerment
- Understand the role of Impact Assessments in assisting in capital raise with a gender lens angle
- Outline the capital raise process and the financing options available at different growth stages
- Create business, financial and impact models with guided online instructions
- Change gendered power dynamics within your team to advance SDG 5 – Gender Equality – and boost organizational performance
- Define the metrics for social value creation and apply IIX’s proprietary assessment methodology
- Understand impact investing mechanisms and capital raise processes
Impact Assessment with Gender Lens Module
You will learn to examine and measure your business impact through a gender lens to fundamentally understand the impact you are making on your communities. You will be introduced to IIX’s proprietary Impact Assessment framework that has been applied to over 150 Impact Enterprises, and be able to access a first of its kind, free Digital Impact Assessment Report.
Fundamentals of Raising Capital Module
The second module of this course will take an in-depth look at the various impact investing mechanisms and deal structures complete with a detailed Investment Readiness process. Leverage IIX’s extensive experience in raising capital for a range of Impact Enterprises across sectors, including exits and follow-on funding.
Investment Readiness Module
From mission statements to product and services offerings to strategies for growth, every business can communicate its potential impact to investors. Access curated content from the Miller Center, a leader in social entrepreneurship training, which will guide you through the basics of marketing to the preparation of business plans and financial models to empower you with the building blocks necessary to establish a sustainable business.
- All participants who complete both assignments (Business Plan and Financial Model) are eligible for the Future 500 Fellowship Program.
- Only participants that have signed up on IIX Values and submitted their digital impact reports to firstname.lastname@example.org are eligible to access a discount code for free access to this course
1. Business Plan
- Outline your business – sector of operations, core business offering, marketing plan and short- and long-term goals – in PowerPoint format with built-in templates
- Access templates the enable you to create realistic, easy-to-read and organized Business Plans
2. Financial Model
- Build a financial model using templates and sample references
- Financial Models are essential to capital raising as it provides a current outline of your business potential