Length: 7 weeks
Start Date: September 27, 2021
– Self-guided online course modules
– Course review session with Prof. Durreen Shahnaz
– Session pass to Defiant Optimist™ series and Women’s Livelihood Bond 4 investor pitch (TBC)
– Final assessment exam and IIX Institute Digital Credential
Group rates are available.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Join us for a virtual masterclass designed to equip investors, finance professionals, and impact leaders with the knowledge and skills to drive sustainable growth.
A global movement to ‘build back better’ and address inefficient business-as-usual models to create sustainable and inclusive economic growth is emerging. One that is defined by a global financial system, escalating socioeconomic challenges, climate change, and a cross-sector mindset shift, with finance and technology leading the way.
In this decade of action, innovative financial solutions that serve and value the 99% and future-proof capitalism will be key to unlocking capital for new socioeconomic- and nature-positive business opportunities. The potential to apply traditional financial rigor to such complex global challenges at scale, for sustainable, resilient, and profitable solutions is significant.
Through this learning journey, participants will explore:
– What is innovative finance and how it can be used to create positive social, environmental, and economic impact
– What are some best practices to introduce new actors to the impact equation
– What are some effective mechanisms to de-risk innovative financial solutions
– How innovative finance can be used as a tool to build sustainable, resilient, and profitable solutions in a post-Covid-19 era.
Enrollment is now closed.
Learn from leaders and experts in the impact investing and innovative finance space
Gain Relevant Knowledge and Skills
Craft and implement innovative solutions to complex challenges today – from climate change to Covid-19 recovery and resilience building
Blended Learning Experience
Self-guided courses, discussion boards, and insightful conversations with course instructors and guest speakers
IIX Institute digital credential
Earn a digital credential from IIX Institute to showcase the knowledge and skills gained from this Masterclass
Week 1: Pre-masterclass course initiation
Week 2: Module 1 – The need and potential for innovative financial solutions
– Analyze the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and its financing opportunities
– Define innovative finance and understand its potential and need to
– Explore key innovative financing mechanisms
Week 3: Module 2 – Innovative Financial Structures
– Explore opportunities to unlock capital for underserved communities through innovative finance
– Understand limitations in existing, traditional financial structures for sustainable and resilient solutions
– Learn about effective strategies and mechanisms to de-risk innovative financial solutions
– Study the differences in innovative financial structures for non-profit and for-profit entities
Week 4: Module 3 – Fundamentals of the capital raise process
– Explore how to apply traditional financial rigor to impact investing
– Outline the capital raise process and study the financing options available for non-profit and for-profit entities
– Study impact investing mechanisms and deal structures designed to support impact enterprises
Week 5: Guest speaker sessions (Live)
– Session pass to the Defiant Optimist™ series, featuring guest speaker, Preeti Sinha, Executive Secretary for the United Nations Capital Development Fund on Thursday, October 28, 2021
– Session pass to an investor pitch (sit-in) with the launch of IIX’s Women Livelihood Bond 4 (TBC)
Week 6: Course review with Prof. Durreen Shahnaz (Live)
– Solidify your learnings with a live learning and course review session with IIX’s Founder and CEO, Prof. Durreen Shahnaz
– Access to Final Assessment Exam
Week 7: Masterclass Wrap-up
This Masterclass has been designed to provide digestible, real-world content for working professionals. The course modules and content have been synthesized from IIX’s 12+ years in the impact investing and innovative finance space. A quiz at the end of each module, and a final exam helps to test your ability to apply the course teachings. You will receive a digital credential upon completion of the course modules and by receiving a score of 70% and above in the final exam.
By the end of this Masterclass, we hope that you will have emerged with an advanced understanding of how innovative financial solutions are key to creating sustainable, resilient, and measurable impact in a more nature-positive and socioeconomically conscious world.
Professor Durreen Shahnaz
CEO and Founder, Impact Investment Exchange (IIX)
Durreen Shahnaz is a global leader of social impact and impact investing. Born in Bangladesh, Durreen has built an international track record as a social entrepreneur, banker, media executive and academic at institutions, including Morgan Stanley (New York), Grameen Bank (Bangladesh), Hearst Magazines International (New York) and the National University of Singapore.
She is the recipient of 2017 Oslo Business for Peace Award, often referred to as the ‘Nobel Prize for Business’, amongst numerous other awards.
Professor Robert Kraybill
CIO and Managing Director, Impact Investment Exchange (IIX)
Prof. Robert Kraybill has over 20 years in the traditional capital markets as an advisor and investor, where he was previous head of Asian private equity for Marathon Asset Management and ex-head of investment banking, Asia ex-Japan, for Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein. Kraybill began his career at Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse.
Prof. Kraybill leads all of IIX’s portfolio management activities, notably the launch of IIX’s first Women’s Livelihood Bond™ and is leading the team developing the $150 million Women’s Livelihood Bond™ Series and the Women’s Catalyst Fund™. He is also a member of the Innovation Working Group of the Task Force on Justice and Navigating Impact Investment Project.
How do I make payment?
We use Stripe to process our payments at checkout. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you prefer to pay using other methods (e.g. bank transfer, paypal, cheques, etc.). All payments must be received in full by IIX Institute before you are able to access a course.
I am unable to make the full payment. Can I pay in installments?
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have difficulties making the full course payment upfront.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
We do not provide refunds or payment, or any other cost incurred as a result of cancellation by the user. If unavoidable, we reserve the right to change our lecturers and/or guest speakers. If a course is cancelled for unavoidable reasons, we will notify you of the changes and endeavor to reschedule the course to a later date or refund the course fees in full (minus any online payment service fees).
What is the final assessment exam?
At the end of the three course modules, a final assessment exam will test your knowledge and skills garnered from the course. The assessment exam consists of a series of multiple-choice questions that will be made available in the last two weeks of the Masterclass. You will have 2-hours to provide your answers. A passing grade of 70% and above is required to earn the digital credential from IIX institute.
What is the IIX Institute digital credential, and how do I obtain it?
A passing grade of 70% and above in the final assessment exam is required to complete the Masterclass and to receive a digital credential from IIX Institute. The digital credential serves as a certification of completion for this Masterclass and showcases a certain level of understanding of the course teachings.
How do I share my digital credential?
You can download your digital credential once you have completed the Masterclass course. You can showcase achievement(s) with our digital credentials on your social media and/or email signatures.
How do I become an IIX Institute alumni?
Users who have undertaken a paid IIX Institute online course, Masterclass, and/or virtual executive program are automatically considered as part of our Alumni. IIX Institute alumni are eligible for discounts on select courses.