Introduction to Impact Investing with a Gender Lens
Around the world, women and underserved communities are standing up for greater equality and systemic change. Individual and organizational leaders have the opportunity to drive sustainable growth by investing in inclusion and using business as a force for good. As organizations strive to achieve diversity to boost performance, claiming gender balance is no easy feat especially when there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
Introduction to Impact Investing with a Gender Lens is created for professionals from any discipline – consulting, accounting, law, public policy, media, technology, education or finance – and equips them with practical and conceptual knowledge about how to incorporate a gender-lens into their organizational thinking and processes.
The lessons will draw from IIX’s decade of global experience as a pioneering practitioner and thought-leader of impact investing to provide you with a unique perspective of the current landscape of this rapidly-growing field.
Completion of the short course qualifies you to join our Future 500 Network.
Ready for more? Check out our Masterclass on Measuring Impact for Sustainability - beginning September 27th
Learn how to measure impact and sustainability from our CEO, Professor Durreen Shahnaz along with other guest speakers. By the end of the course, you’ll gain:
- A global understanding of the impact measurement ecosystem
- Knowledge of how to refine your impact measurement strategy to improve your investment portfolio
- Mastery of IIX’s widely-accepted impact assessment approach, valued by investors, donors, and enterprises
Ready to learn more?
Share This Course
As the Introduction to Impact Investing with a Gender Lens aims to enhance professional development, you may consider employer sponsorship of your participation. Or if you are an employer yourself, you may want to initiate a company-wide engagement with us and have your colleagues benefit from our program offering.
So why not tell them about it?
Introduction to Impact Investing with a Gender Lens (3 - 5 hours online)
Your impact journey begins with the Introduction to Impact Investing with a Gender Lens short course which acts as a primer for developing a gender transformative mindset with a dual-focus on social and environmental impact alongside financial returns. This course is also a prerequisite to participating in our Future 500 Network.
- Recognize the need and importance of investing in inclusion
- Explore the role of Gender Transformative Businesses in women’s empowerment and how to become one
- Learn about how to grow an enabling ecosystem and drive investment towards building an equal society
- Define what gender lens investing means and understand its trends
- Outline the gaps and opportunities that exist in the space
- Outline and define the role that stakeholders can play in building an ecosystem for women empowerment
Put your knowledge and competencies to the test by getting certified. Passing the certificate exam earns you the Introduction to Impact Investing with a Gender Lens Certificate of Completion from IIX Impact Institute:
- Gain insights to improve your processes and decision-making—whether you are catalyzing change within an organization for gender balance or partnering to support programs/investments for underserved communities
- Be at the forefront of industry-wide demand for gender-lens competencies—understanding how to play a role in gender-lens impact investing and support gender-transformative businesses
- Learn to behave strategically in the impact economy and drive organizational performance by grasping key trends and factors in the space and to unlock the potential of inclusive growth
- Join a global network of impact leaders who are creating an enabling environment for impact investing through the Future 500 Network, in partnership with the Australian government
Complement your learning journey by registering for the Certificate Exam and optimize the benefits gained from the free short course.
To pass the Introduction to Impact Investing with a Gender Lens Certificate Exam, participants must score at least 70% on the multiple choice exam, upon which you will receive the Introduction to Impact Investing with a Gender Lens Certificate of Completion and be showcased to a network of 43,000 impact stakeholders and the Equity@Scale program.