Length: 3 weeks online + 2-day in-personal practical training in Singapore
Dates: To be announced soon
*Group discounts available. Contact email@example.com for more info.
More than 60% of today’s impact investors made their first impact investments in the last decade (GIIN, 2017). Yet the practice of impact measurement is fragmented. While the majority of investors measure their impact, more than 63% use metrics that are not aligned to external frameworks or methodologies. 56% of investors also noted that the availability of professionals with expertise in impact measurement and management is insufficient (GIIN, 2019).
Investors – including institutional investors, family offices, foundations, asset managers, and portfolio managers – are faced with increasingly difficult questions:
- What is impact and why do we measure it?
- How do I know if my impact investments are performing well?
- How can I improve my impact management and build an evidence-based portfolio?
- How can I incorporate impact considerations within all stages of an impact portfolio?
This Masterclass explores the fundamental concepts of impact measurement and dives deeper into how investors can develop a practical strategy for their impact investing portfolio while collaborating with other investors from across the globe.
CEO and Founder, Impact Investment Exchange (IIX)
Durreen Shahnaz is a global leader of social impact and impact investing. Born in Bangladesh, Durreen has built an international track record as a social entrepreneur, banker, media executive and academic at institutions, including Morgan Stanley (New York), Grameen Bank (Bangladesh), Hearst Magazines International (New York) and the National University of Singapore.
She is the recipient of 2017 Oslo Business for Peace Award, often referred to as the ‘Nobel Prize for Business’, amongst numerous other awards.
Stanford University Graduate School of Business
MELANIE EDWARDS is Reuters Digital Vision Fellow and lecturer in Urban Studies and Public Policy Programs. She has worked for 15 years in international business and development, in management for J.P. Morgan and International Data Group (IDG).
The Wharton School of Business
DAVID MUSTO is the Ronald O. Perelman Professor in Finance and Chair of the Finance Department at the Wharton School. He also served as Senior Financial Economist at the Securities Exchange Commission from 2005 to 2007 and is on the advisory board of Human Interest.
DR. ROCKY LEE
The Asian Institute of Management
DR. ROCKY LEE is an Associate Professor at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM), serves on its Board of Trustees and is an Ethics and Engagement Faculty Member. He previously served as Executive Director for AIM-JBF Center for Banking and Finance.
What You'll Gain
- A global understanding of the impact measurement ecosystem, including various impact metrics and evaluation methods aligned to the Impact Measurement Project [IMP]
- Mastery of effective impact measurement strategies that move beyond measuring short-term outputs to long-term outcomes
- Knowledge of how to refine your impact measurement strategy in order to improve your investment portfolio and assess new investment opportunities
- Hands-on and immersive experience with measuring impact using IIX’s proprietary impact assessment methodology, aligned to IMP
- A competitive advantage in your professional career as a participant in one of the world’s only impact measurement masterclass designed for investors
Who Should Apply
- Institutional investors
- Family offices
- Asset managers
- Portfolio managers