Unlocking the Future of Finance
- Length: 6 weeks
- Dates: May 25th to July 6th
- Self-Guided Online Courses
- Live Sessions
- Digital Credential
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Take part in a virtual masterclass designed to prepare you for the economic realities of a post-COVID world and enable you to embrace the future of finance head-on.
The pandemic has stalled the global progress of addressing economic inequalities, climate change, and social justice. With a $2.5 trillion gap in meeting the SDGs in emerging markets, there is a dire need to be cognizant of current trends and to envision a financially inclusive future that positively impacts underserved communities.
In this masterclass, learn the present-day movement of innovative finance, impact measurement and sustainable leadership from our CEO, Professor Durreen Shahnaz as well as guest speakers. Through this virtual learning journey, you will discover answers to the following questions:
- How do we approach sustainable investing?
- What are the challenges faced by current innovative financing mechanisms?
- What are the best practices in impact and ESG measurement?
- Which future trends can organizations act on to create a positive difference?
Beginning May 25th, this 6-week virtual masterclass from the IIX Institute will address these questions through academic research and perspectives of practitioners in the field. The masterclass is designed to be bite-sized and digestible for working professionals through various self-guided on-demand course videos, readings, and live sessions with guest speakers.
At the end of this Masterclass, you will emerge with an advanced understanding of how to best approach sustainable investing in the current global economy and make impact-driven decisions to create a roadmap to sustainability.
Upon completing the masterclass and passing the certificate exam, participants will receive a digital credential from the IIX Institute.
Participants will be evaluated with a certificate exam based on course material presented throughout the virtual masterclass. Participants scoring an overall passing grade will earn a digital credential from the IIX Institute, which can be used as evidence of your knowledge and experience gained.
How do I make a payment?
Payments can be made online at the IIX Institute using Stripe. If you would prefer to pay using other methods (e.g., bank transfer, PayPal, cheque) please contact email@example.com. All payments must be received in full prior to accessing the course.
I am unable to make the full payment. Can I pay by installments?
Should you have difficulties making the full payment upfront, please contact the program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
What is the cancellation policy?
Payment is non-refundable. Where unavoidable, we reserve the right to change the speakers. If we cancel the course, we will notify you of the changes and endeavor to reschedule the course or we will refund the course fees in full (minus any bank transfer fees). We will not refund any other costs you incur as a result of the cancellation.
What is the certificate exam?
At the end of the course, you can test your knowledge with the Future of Finance certificate exam. This certificate exam consists of a series of multiple-choice questions that will be available on-demand during the last week of the course. Upon passing the certificate exam, you will receive a digital credential from the IIX Institute, which can be used as evidence of your knowledge and experience gained.
How do I get the IIX Institute digital credential for this masterclass?
Upon passing the certificate exam (minimum score 70%), you will receive a digital credential from the IIX Institute.
What To Expect
Throughout this course, you will identify key market trends in the sustainable investing space, and gain a deep understanding of the various innovative finance instruments that can catalyze the progress of the SDGs. You will recognize the significance of impact measurement and discover the key elements needed to foster a culture driven by impact.
Week 1: Walking the Line: Exploring Purpose and Profit
- Learn about the different practices and approaches to sustainable investing
- Identify key market trends and stakeholders within the impact investing ecosystem
- Gain fundamental knowledge to navigate the investing space in a sustainable and impactful way
Week 2: Innovations in Finance for Sustainability
- Discuss the challenges facing current innovative financing mechanisms
- Define innovative finance and learn about various innovative financing mechanisms
- Explore different types of innovative financial instruments for both for-profit and not-for-profit entities to drive progress towards the SDGs
Week 3: Impact Measurement
- Learn about impact and understand the importance of measuring impact
- Gain industry insights about best practices and new perspectives in impact measurement- including ESG practices
- Dive deeper into understanding how an organization creates impact by exploring its outcomes, stakeholders and SROI
Week 4: Sustainable Leadership: Creating Effective Change
- Outline the key characteristics of successful leaders in sustainability and explore key concepts of collaborative leadership and shared value
- Build a roadmap to sustainability and understand the key elements needed to build a culture of sustainability
- Discover future trends that you and your organization need to prepare for and learn how to create change within an organization – starting with intrapreneurship
CEO and Founder, Impact Investment Exchange (IIX)
Durreen Shahnaz is a global leader of social impact and impact investing. Born in Bangladesh, Durreen has built an international track record as a social entrepreneur, banker, media executive and academic at institutions, including Morgan Stanley (New York), Grameen Bank (Bangladesh), Hearst Magazines International (New York) and the National University of Singapore.
She is the recipient of 2017 Oslo Business for Peace Award, often referred to as the ‘Nobel Prize for Business’, amongst numerous other awards.
More on our guest speakers coming soon
Drop us a note to find out more about our Courses and we’ll get back to you within the next 48 Hours