- Length: 7 Weeks
- Structure: 6 Weeks Online Curriculum + 4 Day In-Person Immersion Week in Singapore
- Dates: This session has been postponed to Spring 2021
*Group discounts available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Talking about the potential of impact investing is one thing, unleashing the potential of impact investing is another. To achieve the ambitious Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the United Nations it is estimated that up to $7 trillion is needed globally. With shrinking government and aid budgets and an overstressed NGO sector, impact investing and innovative finance are being turned to as solutions for unlocking new sources of capital and spurring innovation for sustainable development. As the impact investing market surpasses $228 billion, these sectors are increasingly calling for leaders who are equipped with the interdisciplinary knowledge and skills to further advance financial innovations for social and environmental progress.
This unique blended learning program brings together a cohort of executives from across sectors and geographies to learn a breadth and depth of knowledge from key thought-leaders and practitioners. Participants will graduate with a strong understanding of the latest breakthroughs in the field of impact investing and the skillset to lead a career which drives progress towards the SDGs through financial innovation.
Past participants include representatives of UBS, PwC, BNP Paribas, Rockefeller Foundation, and the Asian Development Bank, among others.
CEO and Founder, Impact Investment Exchange (IIX)
Durreen Shahnaz is a global leader of social impact and impact investing. Born in Bangladesh, Durreen has built an international track record as a social entrepreneur, banker, media executive and academic at institutions, including Morgan Stanley (New York), Grameen Bank (Bangladesh), Hearst Magazines International (New York) and the National University of Singapore.
She is the recipient of 2017 Oslo Business for Peace Award, often referred to as the ‘Nobel Prize for Business’, amongst numerous other awards.
Finance in Motion
MILENA BERTRAM is responsible for External Relations at Finance in Motion. Previously, she co-headed the SANAD investment team, with a focus on Northern Africa. She also built up the technical assistance facilities for a number of funds advised by Finance in Motion.
Stanford University Graduate School of Business
MELANIE EDWARDS is Reuters Digital Vision Fellow and lecturer in Urban Studies and Public Policy Programs. She has worked for 15 years in international business and development, in management for J.P. Morgan and International Data Group (IDG).
Nonprofit Finance Fund
ANTONY BUGG-LEVINE is a pioneer in the impact investing space. Antony is the founding board chair of the Global Impact Investing Network, and convened the 2007 meeting that coined the phrase “impact investing”. He was previously Managing Director at the Rockefeller Foundation.
MICHIEL VERHOEVEN is responsible for the strategy, operations, and P&L of consulting sales, delivery and support services organization across Asia Pacific and Japan. Throughout his career, he has built a reputation as a passionate people-centric leader with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
The Wharton School of Business
DAVID MUSTO is the Ronald O. Perelman Professor in Finance and Chair of the Finance Department at the Wharton School. He also served as Senior Financial Economist at the Securities Exchange Commission from 2005 to 2007 and is on the advisory board of Human Interest.
What You’ll Learn
- The current landscape of impact investing and financing the SDGs including key players, trends, opportunities and challenges.
- How to effectively measure impact using IIX’s proprietary impact assessment methodology
- The capital raise process unique to raising capital for global high-impact enterprises
- The latest innovative financial mechanisms being explored including various bond structures, funds, and risk mitigation approaches
- What role corporates, non-profits and policy play in creating an enabling environment for financing the SDGs
What You'll Gain
- Hands-on experience with measuring impact and designing innovative financial instruments
- Access to an exclusive global network of impact professionals through the Impact Institute Alumni Network
- Complimentary entry to IIX’s Impact Chat Industry Event during Immersion Week to network with key industry professionals
- A competitive advantage in your professional career as a participant in one of the world’s only impact investing certificate programs
Who Should Apply
- Investors, Consultants, and Financial Professionals eager to learn the current impact market trends as well as gain an in-depth understanding on how to assess the social and environmental returns of an investment
- Non-Profit Leaders & Philanthropists curious to explore how to transform grant capital to catalytic capital and building an enabling environment for impact investing
- Corporate Professionals interested in increasing your impact footprint by leveraging your CSR initiatives to scale sustainable solutions for the SDGs.
- Impact Entrepreneurs wanting to best navigate the impact investment space effectively and gain the know-how to scale your business
- among others…