EXECUTIVE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM: Financing the SDGs
Length: 7 Weeks
Structure: 6 Weeks Online + 1 Week In-Person Workshop
Dates: 20 March – 16 May
Fee: $4,750 USD Early Bird Rate*
*Early Bird Pricing ends Friday, 8 February; Regular Price: $5,000 USD
Talking about the potential of impact investing is one thing, unleashing the potential of impact investing is another. To achieve the ambitious Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the United Nations it is estimated that up to $7 trillion is needed globally. With shrinking government and aid budgets and an overstressed NGO sector, impact investing and innovative finance are being turned to as solutions for unlocking new sources of capital and spurring innovation for sustainable development. As the impact investing market surpasses $228 billion, these sectors are increasingly calling for leaders who are equipped with the interdisciplinary knowledge and skills to further advance financial innovations for social and environmental progress.
This unique blended learning program brings together a cohort of executives from across sectors and geographies to learn a breadth and depth of knowledge from key thought-leaders and practitioners. Participants will graduate with a strong understanding of the latest breakthroughs in the field of impact investing and the skillset to lead a career which drives progress towards the SDGs through financial innovation.
Past participants include representatives of UBS, PwC, BNP Paribas, Rockefeller Foundation, and the Asian Development Bank, among others.
What You’ll Learn
- The current landscape of impact investing and financing the SDGs including key players, trends, opportunities and challenges.
- How to effectively measure impact using IIX’s proprietary impact assessment methodology
- The capital raise process unique to raising capital for global high-impact enterprises
- The latest innovative financial mechanisms being explored including various bond structures, funds, and risk mitigation approaches
- What role corporates, non-profits and policy play in creating an enabling environment for financing the SDGs
Who Should Apply
- Investors, Consultants, and Financial Professionals eager to learn the current impact market trends as well as gain an in-depth understanding on how to assess the social and environmental returns of an investment
- Non-Profit Leaders & Philanthropists curious to explore how to transform grant capital to catalytic capital and building an enabling environment for impact investing
- Corporate Professionals interested in increasing your impact footprint by leveraging your CSR initiatives to scale sustainable solutions for the SDGs.
- Impact Entrepreneurs wanting to best navigate the impact investment space effectively and gain the know-how to scale your business
- among others…
The course gave me an opportunity to learn about innovative financing and gave me concrete ideas on how to apply some of my learnings to my day-to-day work at the Asian Development Bank. It was a good starting point for me to get more involved and find my place in this exciting and upcoming discipline that will be the new way of doing development business.
The [Executive Certificate Program] was a well-structured course that provides an up-to-date overview of impact investing with a good balance of theory and practical training. Immersion week was excellent and field trips were truly interesting and inspiring. I would recommend this course to anybody who wants to discover impact investing and what is happening in this space!
The Executive Certificate Program developed by the IIX Impact Institute was a fantastic learning opportunity for me. Professor Durreen Shahnaz has created a very interesting curriculum, combining theoretical content with real life case studies. I also learnt a lot by meeting the other students, coming from different parts of the world, but all motivated towards the same goal: using finance for the greater good. I would definitely recommend this Certificate Program.
As a non-profit/NGO leader, this course was a fabulous primer in the field of impact investing and the blending of financial return and social impact. It has given me the tools and language to be able to speak with investors and funders in my community about how to mobilize additional capital to solve BIG problems. LOVED IT!
If you’re looking to understand the impact investing space and appreciate an open, honest discussion surrounding it – this is an ideal place to do it. It is a no frills, deep-and-meaningful approach to understanding social and environmental impact and how to think about financing it.